SUS Regents’ Student Scholar Award
Guidelines and Criteria
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Texas State University System Regents’ Student Scholar
program is to recognize and reward outstanding students who have achieved highest honors in
academic and co-curricular endeavors while enrolled full-time at a component institution.
Selection as a Regents’ Student Scholar is one of the highest honors a student can receive in
the Texas State University System, and membership in this group reflects a dedication to
academic excellence, leadership and service.
AWARD: Winners of the Regents’ Student Scholar Award will receive:
$2,500 scholarship from the Texas State University System Foundation payable to the
component institution for use by the student toward fees, textbooks and other
educational expenses, including, but not limited to, lodging, dining and parking.
• A proclamation signed by the Board of Regents and a commemorative medalli
eflecting selection as a Regents’ Student Scholar, formally presented at a regular
meeting of the Board.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for consideration, students must meet the following minimum
• Be currently enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student at a Texas State University
System component institution.
• If enrolled at a two-year institution, student must have completed a minimum of 25
hours, or if enrolled at a four-year institution, student must have completed a
minimum of 60 academic hours.
• Maintained a minimum 3.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a four-point scale
for the previous two long semesters.
• Not have been on academic or disciplinary probation at any time while attending the
• Demonstrate active involvement in co-curricular campus and leadership activities.
• Submit a completed application packet, including required attachments, to the
designated representative at the institution.
• Must be enrolled full-time at component institution for at least one long semester
following selection as a Regents’ Student Scholar.
SELECTION PROCESS: The following annual schedule will govern the review,
recommendation and announcement process for the Regents’ Student Scholar program.
Component institutions will identify specific procedures as needed to meet the deadlines below.
Presidents will submit recommendations to the Chancellor; however, the selection of the
Regents’ Student Scholar is at the discretion of the Foundation Board of Directors.