SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA
COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
ANNUAL RENEWAL APPLICATION/ELIGIBILITY DECLARATION
FOR APPOINTMENT AS COUNSEL FOR MINOR CHILDREN
IN FAMILY COURT CASES
Name Phone Number
Business Address E-mail
Year Admitted to CA Bar CA State Bar Number
California Rule of Court 5.242 requires certain minimum qualifications before the Court can appoint a
lawyer to represent a child in family law proceedings. Please attach to this application a Judicial Council
form FL-322 completed except for question #2 and signed.
2. If you have been appointed as counsel for a minor in a family law proceeding, please state the total
number of such appointments:
How many such appointments are currently pending?
3. Please specify any languages other than English you speak well enough to communicate effectively with
minor(s) and parents.
4. Do you have other particular skills, training, interests, or preferences (e.g., age, gender, family ethnicity,
educational or medical issues)?
5. With respect to the eight hours of education and training referenced in question #8 on FL-322, state
the number of hours of study completed in the last twelve months in each of the following areas:
A. Statutes, rules of court and case law related to child custody and visitation litigation.
B. Representation of a child in custody and visitation proceedings.
C. Special issues in representing a child, including:
1. Various stages of child development;
FM-1082 REV 7/01/09 Page 1 of 2