Campus Life / Division of Student Affairs
I have read and understand the policies and procedures for the establishment, chartering, and functioning of a
student club within LaGuardia Community College. I agree to fulfill the responsibilities of a Club Mentor, as outlined
by the Office of Campus Life. By accepting the designation of mentor, I understand that I am expected to:
• Mentor the _____________________________Club's Officers and Members in the development, planning
operations of the organization, with attention to the holistic development of each student.
• To actively participate in mentor orientation (training) efforts, including networking with other mentors and
ouraging positive inter-club communication, interaction, cooperation and support. Demonstrat
understanding of the critical role that mentoring has in the success and overall development of our students
heir effective functioning in a multi-cultural society.
• Be knowledgeable about all Campus Life policies and procedures pertaining to student clubs and
organizations, as well as, general University policies and procedures found in the LaGuardia Community
College Student Handbook.
• Provide advisement on College mission and Campus Life policies and procedures as they are made
ailable to me by the Office of Campus Life. Provide for faculty/staff coverage at club functions on and off
campus (this applies to special club meetings but is not applicable to general meetings). To be present,
monitor, and certify the election of club officers for the year and to supervise club certificatio
• To be proactive in relevant communications and interactions with the students. To assist the students in
ecognizing the importance of a developmental perspective while planning events and activities in their
• To encourage learning/skill building experiences for students, through specially chosen and well-developed
events. To assist students in identifying and making use of resources available to the College and the clubs,
as made known through the Office of Campus Life.
• To keep abreast of changes in procedures and work with the club leaders to ensure adherence to
tablished College processes, as they are made known to me through the Office of Campus Life.
• To review student requests for space and funding allocations culminating in approval for the next step in the
et and event requests process. To meet with College officials, when needed, to mediate, advice, a
assist the Campus Life designee with student challenges as they impact clubs functioning and College
ents and programs.
• To prepare a report at the end of each semester or academic year, outlining the club’s accomplishments.
The final report should also include recommendations, and suggestions for further development and
enhancements, as well as suggested future plans for the mentor role.
MENTOR NAME: _______________________________________DEPARTMENT: ______________________________
PLEASE PRINT NAME
MENTOR SIGNATURE: ______________________________EMAIL & EXTENSION ____________________________
click to sign
click to edit