STATE OF GEORGIA APPLICATION FOR VOTER REGISTRATION
Fill out the bottom half of this a
these directions. Print clearl
and use blue or black ink.
1. LEGAL NAME. Your full legal name including any suffix such as Sr., Jr., III, is required on this form.
2. ADDRESS. Provide residential address. This information is required.
3. MAILING ADDRESS. If mailing address is different from residential address, complete the mailing address section.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION. A telephone number is helpful to registration officials if they have a question about your application. Gender
and race are requested and are needed to comply with the Voting Rights Act of 1965, but are not mandated by law.
5. VOTER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. Federal law requires you to provide your full GA Drivers License number or GA State issued ID
number. If you do not have a GA Drivers License or GA ID you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. Providing your
full Social Security number is optional. Your Social Security number will be kept confidential and may be used for comparison with other state
agency databases for voter registration identification purposes. If you do not possess a GA Drivers License or Social Security number please
check the appropriate box and a unique identifier will be provided for you.
6. OATH. Federal law requires that you answer the citizenship and age questions. Read the oath and sign your name. If you cannot complete this
application unassisted because of physical disability or illiteracy, you must either sign or make your mark on the signature line, and the person
assisting you MUST sign the signature space for person assisting voter.
7. POLL OFFICER QUESTION. Your willingness to be a poll worker will have no bearing on your application for registration.
8. NAME/ADDRESS CHANGE. Complete these sections to change the name or address of your current voter registration.
9. MAP/DIAGRAM: If you live in an area without house numbers and street names, please include a drawing of your location to assist us in
locating your appropriate voting precinct.
10. DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS: Verify that you have completed and signed the application. Enclose a copy of your ID if you are submitting
this form by mail and registering for the first time in Georgia. Fold the application in half, remove the tape at the top, and press the edges
together. The application is ready for you to mail (postage is prepaid) or deliver to your county voter registration office.
11. You are NOT officially registered to vote until this application is approved. You should receive a voter precinct card in the mail. If you do
not receive this acknowledgement within two to four weeks after mailing this form, please contact your county voter registration office. You can
find your poll location and other election information on the Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.state.ga.us/elections.
REQUIREMENT: If you are submitting this form by mail and you are registering for the first time in Georgia, enclose a copy of one of the
following with your application: A copy of a current and valid photo ID, a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or
other government document that shows your name and address. Those who are entitled to vote by absentee ballot under the Uniform and Overseas Citizens
Absentee Voting Act are exempt from this requirement.
Place copy of
ID in pocket
Trim copy of
ID to size
Signature of person helping illiterate or disabled voter
I SWEAR OR AFFIRM:
Are you a citizen of the United States of America? Check One:
Will you be 18 years of age on or before election day? Check One:
If you checked “No” in response to either of these questions, do not complete this form.
I SWEAR OR AFFIRM THAT:
I reside at the address listed above.
I am eligible to vote in Georgia.
I am not serving a sentence for having been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude.
I have not been judicially declared to be mentally incompetent.
VALID GA. DRIVER’S LICENSE OR GA. I.D. NO.
Check if you do not have a GA
Driver’s License, GA. I.D. No. or
If no GA Driver’s License or GA. I.D. No., must
provide last 4 digits of your Social Security
(Your answer is required under federal law)
FULL SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER (OPTIONAL)
DATE OF BIRTH: MM/DD/YYYY
Last 4 Digits (Required)
FIRST NAME MIDDLE OR MAIDEN NAME
RESIDENCE ADDRESS: House No. and street name
SUFFIX Jr. Sr. II
III IV V
MAILING ADDRESS (If different from residence address): Post-office box or route CITY
OFFICE USE ONL
DDS APLICATION NO.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
CHANGE OF NAME
DATE OF BIRTH: MM/DD/YYYY RACE/ ETHNICITY:
American Indian Other________________________________________
WARNING: Any person who registers to vote knowing that
such person does not possess the qualifications required by
law, who registers under any name other than such person’s
own name, or who knowingly gives false information in
registering shall be guilty of a felony.
O.C.G.A. § 21-2-561
May we contac Election
Day poll officer
If you would like mation
by email, please provide your e-mail address:
t you about working as an
to receive additional infor
CHANGE OF NAME: If you are changing your name, list the name under which you were previously registered:
CHANGE OF ADDRESS: If you are changing your address or if you were previously registered to vote, list your previous
Last Name Suffix First Middle or Maiden Name