STATE OF ALABAMA
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
Foreign LLC Registration - 1/2021 Page 1 of 2
PURPOSE: In order to register a foreign entity (any entity formed outside of Alabama) to transact business in Alabama,
the entity must deliver to the Secretary of State for filing an Application for Registration pursuant to Section 10A-1-
7.04, Code of Alabama 1975.
INSTRUCTIONS: Mail one (1) signed original and one (1) copy of this completed form along with a self-addressed,
stamped envelope with the filing fee of $150.00 (credit card, check, or money order) to the Secretary of State, Business
Services, P.O. Box 5616, Montgomery, Alabama 36103-5616. The entity will not be registered if the credit/debit card
does not authorize and will be removed from the index if the check is dishonored ($30 fee).
Using a credit card and our website, you may file the Foreign LLC online in the time it takes to type this application.
This form must be typed.
Emailed applications will not be acknowledged, reviewed, processed, or returned.
1. The legal name of the foreign entity as recorded in the jurisdiction in which it was formed/organized:
2. The name of the foreign entity for use in Alabama (only if different from the legal name*):
*A fictitious name may be used only if the legal entity name is not available for use in Alabama or the name does
not contain the words “Limited Liability Company” or the abbreviation “L.L.C.” or “LLC” (10A-1-5.06).
3. If a fictitious name is used the undersigned certifies the resolution of the LLC’s governing authority to adopt the
fictitious name for use in Alabama and affirms the authority to make such a certification under 10A-1-7.07.
4. A copy of the name reservation received from the Office of the Alabama Secretary of State must be attached.
5. Street (No PO Boxes) Address of principal office:
Mailing Address (if different from street address)
This form was prepared by: (type name and full address)
(For SOS Use Only