STATE OF ALABAMA
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
Foreign LLC - 1/2020 Page 1 of 2
PURPOSE: In order to register a foreign entity (any entity formed
outside of Alabama) to transact business in Alabama, the entity must
deliver to the Secretary of State for filing an Application for
Registration pursuant to Section 10A-1-7.04, Code of Alabama 1975.
INSTRUCTIONS: Mail two (2) completed forms with the appropriate
fee to the Office of the Secretary of State at PO Box 5616,
Montgomery, AL 36103. Include a check, money order, or credit
card payment for $150.00. The application is only accepted via mail
or courier and will not be accepted via email. Using a credit card
and our website, you may file the Foreign LLC online in the time it
takes to type this application. If a receipt is needed, use registered mail service or a courier service. The entity will
not be registered if the credit card does not authorize and will be removed from the index if the check is dishonored ($30
fee). All processing instructions are complete in this form and Payment Option Sheet.
The information completing this form must be typed or the filing will be rejected without
Emailed applications will not be acknowledged, reviewed, processed, or returned.
1. The legal name of the foreign entity as recorded in the jurisdiction in which it was formed/organized:
2. The name of the foreign entity for use in Alabama only if different from the legal name*:
*A fictitious name may be used only if the legal entity name is not available for use in Alabama or the name does
not contain the words “Limited Liability Company” or the abbreviation “L.L.C.” or “LLC” (10A-1-5.06).
3. If a fictitious name is used the undersigned certifies the resolution of the LLC’s governing authority to adopt the
fictitious name for use in Alabama and affirms the authority to make such a certification under 10A-1-7.07.
4. A copy of the name reservation received from the Office of the Alabama Secretary of State must be attached.
5. Street (No PO Boxes) Address of principal office:
Mailing Address (if different from street address)
(For SOS Office Use Only)