FREE OF CHARGE FOR ELIGIBLE RECENT HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES
STARS is a U.S. Department of Education Trio Program
For more information, call Philip Burnham at 860-512-3345,
or visit www.manchestercc.edu/STARS
GET READY FOR COLLEGE IN SIX WEEKS DURING THE SUMMER!
STARS is a six-week summer program designed to
prepare you for the academic year ahead. The program
runs from late June to mid-August. You attend classes
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and take
educational trips on Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
FREE OF CHARGE
• Tuition for up to seven credits
• All books and supplies
• CT transit bus pass for six weeks
• All-expense paid trips to educational destinations
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
• Recent high school graduate, age 17-24
• Eligible for ﬁnancial aid and/or ﬁrst generation
• Accuplacer test results place you into developmental
English course ENG 093
STARS PROVIDES YOU WITH
THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
• Practice reading, writing and math skills
• Earn up to seven college credits
• Work with tutors, mentors and advisors
• Learn how to balance college and work
• Take trips and enjoy campus activities
• Feel good about yourself!
Once you complete the summer program and continue
studying at MCC, you will take a 1-credit study skills class
and participate in ongoing trips, tutoring, and enrichment
workshops in the fall.
FOUR EASY STEPS TO APPLY:
• Complete the MCC Admissions Application
• Sign up and take the assessment test
• Fill out the STARS Application
• Fill out FAFSA