SPRING 2020 S/U GRADE CHANGE FORM: UNDERGRADUATE
Submit to email@example.com by May 1, 2020 (5 p.m.)
Office use only
Student record updated Student notified form processed ___________
Signature of Registrar Staff/Date
Student Name: ID#
List every course in which you are currently enrolled this Spring 2020 semester for which you wish to
switch from letter grade to S/U option:
(e.g. BIOL 110)
Section Number Instructor (last name)
By signing this form, I acknowledge the following statements:
• As per the catalog, the definitions of an “S” (C- or better) and “U” remain in place.
• This temporary policy change does not alter existing grade requirements for my major. For example,
if a C or better is required in a specific class, an S grade will not suffice. Refer to the College Catalog for
clarification on course grade requirements for specific majors.
• Grades of “S” fulfill requirements and add to overall credits completed, but carry no grade value and
will not affect my GPA.
• I understand that if I am repeating a course under the “grace grade” policy, I must keep the original
grading plan. If the original course was taken on S/U basis, I must keep the S/U plan. Likewise, if the
original course was taken on a letter-grading plan I may NOT opt for S/U grading.
• Some graduate and professional schools may frown upon S/U grades since it is unclear what level of
mastery the student achieved in the course.
• Taking a course as S/U will not negatively impact my standing in the Honors Program provided that no
low or unsatisfactory grades are earned.
• First-year students interested in the possibility of joining the Honors Program are encouraged to retain
letter grades in their classes so that their end-of-semester GPA includes those grades.
• Tischer Scholars writing Departmental Honors Papers must retain a letter grade in the 499 class.
Student Signature*: Date:
Advisor (please print):
Advisor Signature*: Date:
*Signatures may be inserted as a digital image or provided via email consent