International Student and Scholar Services | www.stevens.edu/ISSS | 201-216-5189 1 | P a g e
Travel Endorsement Request Form
International Student & Scholar Services
PLEASE SUBMIT VIA EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the following updates about travelling:
Travel Outside of the U.S.
Stevens Students and Exchange Visitors are strongly advised against personal international travel at this time since flight
cancellations, quarantines, and border closures by countries can be implemented on very short notice. This means that if
you travel outside of the U.S., there is a great risk that you may not be able to re-enter the U.S. for an extended period
of time. If you engage in personal travel overseas, our ability to support you decreases significantly.
Students who do travel abroad and are able to return, may be subject to additional health screenings, flight
cancellations, or isolation measures upon return.
Current students who wish to return to their home countries and continue their classes online for the remainder of
the semester are permitted to do so. An AEW Form is not necessary in order to do this. Students who are graduating
this semester are strongly encouraged to remain in the United States, especially if you wish to apply for OPT Work
Authorization or have already applied for OPT Work Authorization.
Please continue to monitor the information from Stevens regarding COVID-19 including important updates regarding
travel and re-entry from affected areas.
Reminders about Travelling
• Your passport must be valid for 6 months into the future from the date you will be returning to the
• U.S., and you must have a valid F-1 or J-1 visa with multiple entries in your passport and a valid I20/DS-2019 to
reenter the U.S
• If any information on your current I-20 is not up to date (for example, financial support, employment
information, etc.), please update your SEVIS record with ISSS first before requesting a travel endorsement. Your
I-20 should reflect accurate information.
• If you are renewing or applying for a visa while you are outside the U.S., be sure to have updated Form I-20/DS-
2019, a copy of your transcript, and your financial documents.
• If you have a pending change of status application with USCIS, and you decide to depart the United States, your
request will be considered abandoned.
• A travel signature is valid for 12 months for current F-1 and J-1 students and their dependents (F2/J-2).
Student on post-completion OPT or STEM OPT:
• You must also have a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and proof of employment.
• Travel signatures are valid for 6 months during OPT or STEM OPT.
Please refer to our Travel Information webpage for more details regarding international travel during F-1/J-1 status.
By signing below, I certify that I have read the above travel information and reviewed ISSS’ Travel Information webpage:
Student’s Signature __________________________________ Date: _________________________________