2 Borough staff will assess the application in terms of the criteria established for the
Special Reserved Parking Space Program. A determination will be made regarding
the provision of the requested reserved space.
3. A full report of the review and determination of whether or not the applicant
meets the program criteria will be forwarded to the Council Person in whose Ward
the applicant’s property is located.
4. Where a determination has been made that the applicant does not meet the criteria
for a Special Reserved Parking Space, a meeting with the Special Parking
Committee will be scheduled, at which time the applicant may orally present the
Committee with his or her reasons why a Special Reserved Parking Space should
be approved. The Committee may, in its discretion, either grant or deny the
application based upon the applicant’s presentation and after consideration of the
circumstances presented. The Committee shall render its decision and notify the
applicant immediately following the applicant’s presentation, or shall notify the
applicant in writing no later than five (5) days after the meeting.
5. The decision of the Special Parking Committee will be forwarded to Conshohocken
6. In the event that the Special Parking Committee denies an application for a Special
Reserved Parking Space, following the applicants presentation, the applicant may
appeal the denial to Borough Council, in writing, within ten (10) days of the
Committee’s action, if taken at the Committee’s meeting, or within ten (10) days of
the date of the Committee’s written notification to applicant that the applicant was
denied. Borough Council shall consider the appeal no later than forty-five (45)
days after receipt of the appeal.
7. Following a determination that a Special Reserved Parking Space should be
granted relevant information will be forwarded to the Superintendent of Public
Works for sign installation.
8. The exact location of the reserved space and its signage, in front of the applicant’s
residence, shall be determined by the Conshohocken Public Works Department.
Terms of the Special Reserved Parking Space Program are as follows:
1. The initial term of the special parking space is one (1) year.
2. After the initial term, a yearly renewal certification must be filed and all