SECTION D. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The CONSERVE & SAVE
solar hot water rebate for household and businesses provides financial support for the installation of solar
domestic hot water systems. A rebate of $15 per sq ft NET aperture (up to a maximum lifetime total rebate per location of $1,200)
will be available to customers who meet the following:
• Install a new solar hot water system.
• Must be an Austin Utilities or Owatonna Public Utilities residential or commercial customer.
• System must provide domestic hot water. Space heating is permitted if connected to domestic hot water, but the space heating portion
of the system is NOT eligible for an incentive. System may not be integrated into a pool or hot tub.
• System must meet the Minnesota Department of Energy Resources rebate requirements in addition to the utility requirements.
(See www.state.mn.us; search “solar hot water rebate.”)
• Applicants must conduct an energy audit on the proposed site and share results with their utility.
• Must comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and utility laws and requirements.
• Must comply with all applicable building and zoning codes and obtain all appropriate permits, providing copies of such permits to their utility.
• System must be installed by a licensed plumbing contractor, licensed general contractor, licensed residential building contractor, or
licensed residential remodeler. Home-built systems are not eligible.
• System must include at least a two-year installation warranty that covers any defect in the workmanship of the installation at no charge to the owner.
• Applicant must demonstrate that system will not be shaded by buildings, trees, electricity poles, towers, chimneys, by using a shading analysis
tool and site photo. Installation should result in energy production equivalent to a minimum net effect of 80% of an ideally sited system.
• System must be installed within 90 days of receiving approval from the utility.
• All system components must be new.
• Entire system must be rated by the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC) and assembled by the manufacturer.
• Collectors must be SRCC OG-100 rated and have a five-year warranty; other components must have a one-year warranty. Flat plate collectors
must have tempered glass glazing.
Due to limited funding, this rebate offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
All applications from the previous year’s purchases must be received by March 31.
Steps to Receiving a Solar Hot Water Rebate:
1. Customer notifies their utility of plans to install a solar thermal water heating system.
Customer has an energy audit conducted on the proposed site. Energy audit to be performed by a certified energy auditor, professional engineer
or certified energy manager. If an audit has been conducted on site in the last three years, this step can be skipped.
3. Customer shares energy audit results with their utility.
4. If application is approved, the utility will prepare and mail rebate application to the customer.
5. Customer fills out all documents and returns them to the utility, along with a detailed copy of paid invoice/receipt
and shading analysis.
6. Utility and the city building and safety department inspect the installed hot water system before issuing a rebate check.
7. Rebate check will be issued to the customer/owner of the property.
Return the completed application and required documentation to your utility provider:
Austin Utilities Owatonna Public Utilities
Attn: Rebate Processing Attn: Rebate Processing
1908 14th St NE PO Box 800
Austin, MN 55912-4904 Owatonna, MN 55060-0800
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email: email@example.com
SECTION C. INSTALLATION INFORMATION
Current water heating fuel type:
New Installation Installation Date: Installation Cost:
Evacuated Tube Number of Collectors/Tubes:
Collector Manufacturer Name: Collector Model Number:
Net Aperature: SRCC Certification Number:
Collector Tilt Angle (35–60 degrees from horizontal): Azimuth Angle (must be between 135–225 degrees):
Solar Storage Tank Manufacturer Name: Solar Tank Model Number: Solar Tank Volume (gallons):
Back-up Water Heater:
Same as Existing
Storage Volume (gallons):
Pump Manufacturer Name: Pump Model Number: Horsepower:
PLEASE PRINT ON RECYCLED PAPER 0121