Mail or email supporting documents to: Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Saint Mary’s University, Atrium Building, Suite 210
923 Robie Street, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 3C3
Apply online at: http://www.smu.ca/future-students/cs-apply-online.html
Name of Applicant
The PhD program specializes in doctoral studies of the Political Economy of Globalization. Please indicate the area of sub specialization you intend
to pursue (e.g. gender, environmental, labour, etc.).
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
1. Research Proposal: A 2500 word document that addresses, in detail, your proposed research plan at the PhD level together with a deﬁnitive
statement of your research question.
2. Statement of Interest: Please address your previous work experience and general background related to International Development, along with
any other details of your professional and personal life that you feel would be relevant to the successful adjudication of your application.
3. A current CV/Resume.
4. Sample(s) of academic written work, preferably published. (10-25 pages in length)
5. Short description of graduate level courses that were taken at the Masters level in International Development Studies together with related
courses that are speciﬁc to the proposed area of specialization.
6. Ofﬁcial transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
7. Three (3) Recommendation Forms. All three (3) must be of an academic nature.
8. Ofﬁcial Proof of English Language Proﬁciency (if required).
Graduate Funding: All full-time graduate students who apply by February 1 are considered for FGSR graduate funding and those who are
successful are ofﬁcially notiﬁed by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
Please complete and return this form.
PhD IN INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT STUDIES