Mail or email supporting documents to: Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Saint Mary’s University, Atrium Building, Suite 210
923 Robie Street, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 3C3
Apply online at: http://www.smu.ca/future-students/cs-apply-online.html
Name of Applicant
The PhD in Applied Science Program is a research-based program, and ﬁnal acceptance into the program requires that a faculty member in •
an appropriate discipline agree to supervise the student. All applicants must contact a prospective supervisor before applying to the
program. Please Note: If no faculty member agrees to be the applicant’s supervisor the application will be rejected.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Honours and/or Awards (attach a separate sheet if required):
Publications/Conference Papers (attach separate sheet if required):
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
1. A current CV/Resume.
2. Research Proposal: approximately 2500 words in which the student describes a proposed research program with relevance to available
supervisory opportunities and research specialization areas within the faculty participating in the program.
3. Ofﬁcial transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
4. Three (3) Recommendation Forms.
5. Writing Sample: sample of non-thesis written work (preferably published - maximum 25 pages).
6. Ofﬁcial Proof of English Language Proﬁciency (if required)
Financial Resources: Do you currently have or have you applied for ﬁnancial resources to support your graduate studies (i.e. from your own
country or from NSERC) or other ﬁnancial support, which will enable you to complete the PhD program? Please check: Yes No.
Please complete and return this form.
PhD IN APPLIED SCIENCE