Mail or email supporting documents to: Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Saint Mary’s University, Atrium Building, Suite 210
923 Robie Street, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 3C3
Apply online at: http://www.smu.ca/future-students/cs-apply-online.html
Name of Applicant
Applicants are normally required to possess a Bachelor’s or honours degree in Philosophy from a recognized University or College.
Potential applicants are strongly advised to review the Philosophy Department M.A. program website before applying.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Undergraduate and Graduate Awards previously held:
Graduate Funding: All full-time graduate students who apply by February 1 are considered for FGSR graduate funding and those who are
successful are ofﬁcially notiﬁed by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
Do you wish to be considered for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship? (Full-time students only) Yes No
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
1. Research Proposal: Please submit a statement of no more than 500 words specifying your proposed thesis research interests.
2. A current CV/Resume.
3. A statement of no more than 500 words of your philosophic interests and abilities.
4. Two samples of academic or other written work in philosophy. (10-25 pages in length)
5. Ofﬁcial transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
6. Three (3) Recommendation Forms.
7. Ofﬁcial Proof of English Language Proﬁciency (if required).
Please complete and return this form.
MASTER OF ARTS IN PHILOSOPHY