Mail or email supporting documents to: Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Saint Mary’s University, Atrium Building, Suite 210
923 Robie Street, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 3C3
Apply online at: http://www.smu.ca/future-students/cs-apply-online.html
Name of Applicant
Proposed research area: (Please brieﬂy indicate a thematic research interest. You may use the Letter of Intent, below, to expand this description.)
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
1. Letter of Intent: Please expand on your areas of interest in a letter of intent that brieﬂy states your speciﬁc interests in pursuing International
Development Studies at Saint Mary’s University. Make sure and include any work experience related to international development. Please note
that this letter of intent will be used in the evaluation of your application. Acceptance into the program does not mean that you will necessarily
be able to pursue the exact project detailed in the letter. You are encouraged to consult the IDS Graduate Handbook available at www.smu.ca/ids
for an understanding of our research directions.
2. A current CV/Resume.
3. Sample(s) of academic or other written work. (10-25 pages in length)
4. Short description of the courses taken in International Development Studies, or related courses, as well as those in the proposed
area of specialization.
5. Ofﬁcial transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
6. Three (3) Recommendation Forms.
7. Ofﬁcial Proof of English Language Proﬁciency (if required).
Graduate Funding: All full-time graduate students who apply by January 15 are considered for FGSR graduate funding and those who are
successful are ofﬁcially notiﬁed by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
Please complete and return this form.
MASTER OF ARTS IN INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT STUDIES