Mail or email supporting documents to: Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Saint Mary’s University, Atrium Building, Suite 210
923 Robie Street, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 3C3
Apply online at: http://www.smu.ca/future-students/cs-apply-online.html
Name of Applicant
To be eligible for admission to the M.A. in History, applicants are normally required to possess a Bachelor of Arts degree with Honours in History
from a recognized university or college. Candidates with other types of qualiﬁcations should contact the Graduate Program Coordinator of the
Department of History before submitting an application.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Undergraduate and Graduate Awards previously held:
Publications (if any):
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
1. Research Proposal: In a one to two page statement please outline the subject of your proposed thesis. It may be helpful to indicate your broader
research interests and any previously completed research or university courses you have taken that have encouraged you in your thinking. The
proposal is not binding–it is not unusual for students to change or modify their topics once their research is under way– but the Department
needs it to assess the availability of a supervisor. (We strongly recommend that you contact the Graduate Coordinator in the Department of
History before preparing and submitting your application).
2. A sample of academic or other written work such as a chapter from your honours thesis or a term paper from an upper level undergraduate
seminar. (10-25 pages in length)
3. A current CV/Resume.
4. Ofﬁcial transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
5. Three (3) Recommendation Forms.
6. Ofﬁcial Proof of English Language Proﬁciency (if required).
Graduate Funding: All full-time graduate students who apply by February 1 are considered for FGSR graduate funding and those who are
successful are ofﬁcially notiﬁed by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
Please complete and return this form.
MASTER OF ARTS IN HISTORY