Mail or email supporting documents to: Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Saint Mary’s University, Atrium Building, Suite 210
923 Robie Street, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 3C3
Apply online at: http://www.smu.ca/future-students/cs-apply-online.html
Name of Applicant
To be eligible for admission in the Master of Arts in Criminology, applicants must normally have earned an honours baccalaureate undergraduate
degree in Criminology (or related discipline) or an honours baccalaureate undergraduate degree with a concentration in Criminology (or related
discipline). Applicants must also have achieved a minimum cumulative quality point average of 3.3 (B+) in their overall academic record.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Undergraduate and Graduate Awards previously held:
Publications (if any):
Proposed Field of Research:
Graduate Funding: All full-time graduate students who apply by February 1 are considered for FGSR graduate funding and those who are success-
ful are ofﬁcially notiﬁed by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
Do you wish to be considered for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship? (Full-time students only) Yes No
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
1. Research Proposal: Please submit a statement of approximately 1000 words specifying your proposed thesis research interests.
(Please visit http://www.smu.ca/academics/departments/soc-crim-ma-criminology.html for details on the research statement.)
2. Sample of academic or other written work. (15-25 pages in length)
3. A current CV/Resume.
4. Ofﬁcial transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
5. Three (3) Recommendation Forms
6. Ofﬁcial Proof of English Language Proﬁciency (if required).
Please complete and return this form.
MASTER OF ARTS IN CRIMINOLOGY