SCHOOL NUTRITION PROGRAM
SITE MONITORING REVIEW
Monitor the entire meal count by
observation and interview – from benefit
issuance until meals are counted and
recorded on the report to the district
office and answer the following
questions. Document any issues needing
Today’s Menu (Record all Food Items Served and Serving Sizes)
Traditional Grab & Go Breakfast in the Classroom Second Chance
2. Is a civil rights poster displayed in a prominent location at the site?
3. Is the most recent food safety inspection or notice advising the public of the availability of its
4. Signage identifying what constitutes a reimbursable meal visible for students?
1. Do all of the meals served and claimed contain all required food components?
2. Are all menu items available to students?
3. Does the assigned person recognize a reimbursable meal?
4. Are correct portion sizes being used on all serving lines?
5. If Offer vs. Serve is used: How many menu items must a student select today? __________
6. If offer vs. serve is utilized at this site, does each student have the opportunity to select his/her
own food items for the reimbursable meal?
7. Are only reimbursable meals (those meals priced as a unit and meeting menu pattern
requirements) recorded for reimbursement at point of service?
8. Are meal counts taken at the point of service or an OCN approved alternative? Describe
9. Is there a method for counting non-reimbursable meals separately from reimbursable meals
(Example: second meals, extra milk, meals that do not meet meal pattern)
10. Are adequate procedures in place to prevent the claiming of more than one reimbursable
breakfast/lunch per day per child?
11. Does the system prevent overt identification of the children eligible for free and reduced price