Revised January 29, 2019
SAN DIEGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
LECTURE/WORKSHOP SPEAKER ENGAGEMENT AGREEMENT
This agreement is made and entered into on this _____ day of _____________________ , _______ , at
San Diego, County of San Diego, State of California, by and between the San Diego Community College
District, hereinafter called the District, and ________________________________________________ ,
hereinafter called the Consultant. In consideration of mutual promises and agreements of the parties, as
herein set forth, the Consultant agrees to lecture as follows:
1. Topic of Lecture: ________________________________________________________
2. Location of Lecture: ________________________________________________________
3. Dates/times of Lecture: ________________________________________________________
4. The District agrees to pay and the Consultant agrees to accept the following as full compensation
for provision of the services outlined herein.
Honorarium: $ _____________
Travel Expense: $ _____________
Hotel Expense: $ _____________
TOTAL: $ _____________
5. Consultant agrees to be solely responsible for the content of the lectures and agrees that no part
of the presentation poses a risk to the attendees or the District. Further, Consultant agrees to
indemnify and to hold free and harmless the District, its officers, agents and employees from all
loss, liability, damages, costs, or expenses that might at any time arise or be asserted against
the District, its officers, agents and employees, arising by reason of, in the course of, or in
connection with, the performance of the lecture.
6. The District agrees to prevent to the best of its ability the unauthorized photography, filming,
broadcasting, recording or reproduction by radio, television or any device of the lecture for
commercial purposes without written permission of the Consultant.
7. Neither the Consultant nor the District shall be liable for failure to appear, present or perform the
lecture, if such failure is caused by or due to the physical disability of the Consultant or acts or
regulations of public authorities, labor difficulties, civil tumult, strike, epidemic, interruption or
delay of transportation service, accidents or calamities of nature or any cause beyond the control
of Consultant or District.
8. TERMINATION FOR CONVENIENCE OF DISTRICT. The District may terminate this Agreement
at any time by giving written notice to the Contractor of such termination and specifying the
effective date thereof at least ten days before the effective date of such termination. In that
event, all finished or unfinished documents and other materials as described herein, at the option
of the District, shall become its property. If the Agreement is terminated by the District as
provided herein, the Contractor shall be entitled to receive just and equitable compensation for
any satisfactory work completed on such documents and other materials. The Contractor hereby
expressly waives any and all claims for damages or compensation arising under this Agreement
except as set forth in this section in the event of such termination.