6. Distribution, Licensing, Marketing and Publication of the Track: In this section, the Artists agree to give
the chosen Licensee certain exclusive rights for the length of the Licensing Term.
6.1 The Licensee has the right to print, publish and sell physical copies of the Track, distribute the Track
through any digital music platform, assign, license and publish any public performances or recorded
mixes of the Track, authorise use of the Track for sync purposes, use the Track as marketing for the
Licensee, and collect any royalties or income derived from the Track.
6.2 However, the Licensee cannot give these rights to another person or organization without the consent of
7. Warranties: In this section, each Artist confirms that s/he has the legal right to grant the rights in this
Agreement, and that they will obtain confirmation of any necessary permissions of any person who
may have a right in the Track – for instance, if a sample is used.
8. Disputes: This section specifies what will happen in the case of a dispute. All parties shall attempt to
solve the dispute in a friendly manner, and if they can’t, they’ll approach an independent industry
expert who shall mediate the discussion. The dispute will be kept confidential.
9. Breach: This section states that if any party fails to comply with the Agreement, other parties are
entitled to give five days notice for them to comply. If they fail to comply after this notice, the other
parties can demand that the Agreement be carried out, and may also sue the party for any loss
Each section of the Royalty Split Agreement is explained below.
1. Introduction: This section states that the purpose of the Agreement is to record an agreement
regarding ownership of a collaborative Track and the split of royalties and earnings.
2. Duration: This section explains the time period over which the Agreement is valid—from the day of
production of the Track until the Agreement is specifically amended or terminated in writing.
3. Royalty Split: This section lays out the percentage of rights that each Artist owns, and subsequently
the percentage of earnings that could come from the Track.
4. Roles and Responsibilities: This section states the Artist is responsible for publishing administration.
5. Ownership: This section specifies that the Owner retains ownership rights over the composition,
including the master rights.
Royalty Split Agreement Explanation: