Requirements and Directions
Request to Register for Graduate Level Courses for Graduate Credit
This form is intended for senior undergraduate students at Clarion University who are within nine credits of graduation,
including current courses in progress. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Students who are interested in this
option are advised to meet with their undergraduate academic advisor and the appropriate academic graduate program
coordinator prior to completing this form. Information is also available from the Office of the Registrar.
Graduate areas of study reserve the right to limit student enrollment in graduate-level programs. Some graduate-level
courses may have prerequisites and/or course expectations that prohibit the enrollment of undergraduate students.
Students should speak with the appropriate academic graduate program coordinator for information regarding eligibility
to enroll in a specific graduate course.
Credits earned under this program establish a permanent graduate-level record at Clarion University and are available for
transfer to other accredited institutions. Credits earned under the program are for graduate credit, separate from the
undergraduate credits earned for degree, and will not be calculated in the student's undergraduate credit and grade-
point total. Questions should be directed to the Office of the Registrar or the student's undergraduate advisor.
Please review the directions and requirements listed below:
1. File the “Request for Graduate Level Courses for Graduate Credit” form during the registration period for the
intended semester. (The form is good for only one semester at a time; therefore, students are not automatically
eligible to register for graduate credit the following semester.)
2. Courses to be taken must be identified on the application form before signatures and final approval. No substitutes
3. Students may not take more than two graduate-level courses per semester. A limit of nine graduate credits may be
earned prior to formal admission as a graduate student.
4. This form requires the signatures of the undergraduate advisor, department chair, graduate program coordinator,
and the dean of the undergraduate program. Completed forms are to be returned to Becht Lobby Resource Desk.
5. Graduate credits earned may be transferred to another institution at the option of the receiving school.
6. Tuition and fees: undergraduate students taking graduate courses will be charged undergraduate tuition and fees
for all courses.
7. *Financial Aid: contact Student Financial Services at 1-800-672-7171, opt. #2 to determine if taking
graduate coursework will impact your financial aid eligibility.
8. Return the completed, signed form to 148 Becht Hall.
Clarion University is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. 7/17