Request for Use of Facilities and Placement on Room Matrix
1. Contact the Room Manager for specific room/space requested availability. They will place a tentative “hold”
for your event in Room Matrix. All Student Organizations must visit the Student Affairs Office to complete this
2. Complete the attached form completely including title of event and number of attendees expected.
Signature approval must be obtained by appropriate Dean/Club Advisor. Provide budget code/billing
information if required and attach(if required) a copy of:
b. Food Vendor Checklist
c. Major Event Form (if 25 or more attendees expected)
d. Civic Center Application and Proof of Insurance
3. Events that include the following must be approved by the appropriate person:
a. Food – Food Services Supervisor
b. Student Events – Dean of Student Affairs
c. Athletic Facilities – Dean of Athletics
d. Use of the Theatre – Theatre Manager’s Signature
4. Submit form and attachments to Business Services Office (A105) for final approval.
5. Once approved by the VPAS, Business Services will confirm placement on Room Matrix & forward approval
to Facilities/Multimedia/College Police/Parking/Athletics for processing.
6. A copy of the approved form will be forwarded back to the requestor listed on the form.
7. All events with more than 25 expected attendees must complete the Major Event form prior to finalization of
reservation which will be forwarded to the President’s office. These events must also be posted on the
www.SDCity.edu/Events web page.
• For student events that include vendors, permits, and facilities, paperwork is required 30 days prior to your
event. All other forms must be submitted at least 12 Business Days prior to your event.
• Use of facilities outside of normal business hours; i.e., between 5 pm Friday and 10 pm Sunday requires
payment of the appropriate District approved Weekend Custodial Overtime rate. Payment may be made by
budget transfer or issuance of an invoice. Payment is required prior to VPAS’ event approval.
• All events that include food must be approved by the Food Service Supervisor and MUST include
budget/billing information to pay a 4 hour minimal custodial fee to cover clean up and trash removal.
• All internal use of the Corporate Ed Center requires payment of the minimal use fee.
• Amplified sound or music is only permitted between the hours of 12:00 pm and 1:30 pm in Gorton Quad.
• The Office of Technology Management reserves the right to withhold equipment services due to inclement
weather and/or public health and safety hazard, request made less than 12 days in advance, and equipment
• Title 17 of the U.S. Code governs the use of materials protected under copyright law. The person using
Office of Technology Management’s equipment and/or materials is responsible for compliance with all
copyright laws and is liable for any infringement.
• Please notify the appropriate person of cancellations immediately.
Campus Posting Policy
• Flyers shall not exceed 8 ½” x 11”
• Flyers posted on campus other than in the Free Speech designated areas, must be cleared and approved by
the Student Affairs Office
• Only one flyer may be posted per bulletin board
• Please do not post over or remove other pre-approved flyers
• Please do not remove any flyers. Report improper posting to Student Affairs Office at 388-3498
• Staples, tack or pushpins should not be used. DO NOT use tape or glue.
• Student Affairs Office does not sell or provide supplies and will not tear down postings if you follow
• Banners may not exceed 30’ in length
• Student Affairs must approve all banners
• Banners may ONLY be placed in the following areas:
o On the SECOND and THIRD floor railings of the “A” Patio
o On the west and east bridge walls of the Curran Plaza
o On the D-Bldg overhang facing Gorton Quad
o On the THIRD floor railing of the “T” Building facing campus
• Only Painters Tape or Rope may be used for banners.