Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995
Report of flammable gas incidents
F2508G1 (rev 04.99)
1. This form should be used to report to HSE incidents that have arisen from the use of either natural gas or liquefied petroleum
gas (LPG) and have caused fatal or major injuries* to gas consumers either through the acute symptoms of carbon monoxide
poisoning or the effects of fires or explosions after gas escapes have occurred.
* Major injuries include any that have led to unconsciousness, or the need for hospitalisation for more than 24 hours.
2. Form F2508G2 should be used to report gas appliances or installations that are regarded to be dangerous after examination or
test, but have not actually led to deaths or major injuries.
3. Form F2508 should be used to report any deaths or major injuries arising from the use of gas involving persons whilst at work.
About you and your organisation
1. What is your full name?
2. What is your job title?
3. What is the name of your organisation?
4. How can we contact you if we need more information about
Your address and post code
Your telephone/fax number
About the incident
1. What was the main cause of the incident?
exposure (to carbon monoxide)?
other exposure (eg to unburnt gas)?
fire or explosion?
2. Where did the incident happen?
Address and post code
3. Did the incident happen in a building?
■■ yes - what type of building?
■■ flats (four storeys or less)
■■ flats (more than four storeys)
What type of room?
■■ other room