Remote Work Expectations and Agreement
After the employee’s remote work request receives approval from the appropriate Vice President, the rst-level
supervisor and employee must each review and accept the Remote Work Expectations and Agreement. In
doing so they each pledge to abide by TAMUS and TAMUK policies and procedures, including but not limited
to System Regulation 33.06.01 Section 2, specic departmental remote work procedures, and any additional
SECTION 1. REMOTE WORK EXPECTATIONS
1) This list provides general guidance and orientation to supervisors and employees. The employee and
supervisor should discuss each item and acknowledge their mutual understanding of the remote work
expectations before agreeing to the statements at the end of this page.
2) Employee and Supervisor have reviewed the TAMUK IT Standards for All Users and other applicable
policies mentioned above.
3) Employee and Supervisor have agreed on a schedule of assigned telework hours.
4) Performance expectations have been discussed and are understood. Assignments and due dates are
5) Communication procedures and expectations have been dened and unit staff have been notied of the
6) Employee’s responsibility for adequate and reliable ofce space at the remote work location has been
discussed with the supervisor. Employees discussing condential data via WebEx or other virtual
platforms have been informed of privacy requirements for those meetings.
7) If the employee is taking any University-owned equipment to remotely work they must have lled out a
Property End User Responsibility Statement
8) Supervisor expectations for modifying, suspending, and/or terminating remote work have been
discussed and are understood.
9) The employee has been notied that if telework is suspended or terminated, the employee is required to
return to work.
SECTION 2. REMOTE WORK AGREEMENT
The employee and supervisor should discuss each item and acknowledge their mutual understanding of the
Remote Work Agreement before agreeing to the statements at the end of this page. The employee agrees that:
1) I will abide by TAMUS and TAMUK policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
System Regulation 33.06.01 and any specic departmental remote work procedures.
2) My employment benets and rights will not be affected.
3) I will provide a remote work environment conducive to the successful completion of assigned job tasks.
4) I will maintain and protect the condentiality of work-related information in my possession or under my
control, regardless of how that information is stored or displayed.