Red Deer, Alberta T4N 3T1
Phone: (403) 343-2177
Fax: (403) 343-2176
Application for Community Housing and Rent Supplement Programs
Please read the following information carefully before completing the application. Answer all the questions in the
application, if a question does not apply to you print NA (not applicable). Please do not leave any blanks. If you have
any questions, please contact Red Deer Housing Authority as listed above.
1. Please review information on Eligibility Requirements and Point Scoring for the purposes of determining need
for social housing. Priority is decided based on a points system according to the Social Housing Accommodation
Regulation. Households with the greatest number of points are considered in greatest need of housing
accommodation and must be allocated housing accommodation on that basis. If your information changes
at any time, please contact us and let us know – this may impact your point score.
2. You may print the application form and fill it in by hand, or complete it online using an electronic signature.
Once done, please save or scan your completed application form in PDF format and attach it along with
your documents as part of your application and email it to email@example.com or drop/mail it to our Offices
at, 302, 4719 – 48 Avenue, Red Deer, Alberta T4N 3T1.
3. You will be required to provide the following:
• Documentation to verify all sources of household income. i.e.: pay cheque, benefit cheque, child support,
AISH, Social Assistance, Student Funding etc.
• Verification of your government issued picture ID.
• A Copy of most recent Notice of Assessment (Revenue Canada)
• Copy of Alberta Heath Care Card for each member of the household.
• For Rent Subsidy Applications we also need a copy of your lease (if applicable)
• If not a Canadian Citizen, proof of permanent residency/refugee status.
4. Please ensure that all information and documents submitted in and with the application are true to the best
of your knowledge.
5. If you visit the office or speak with a RDHA representative about your file over the phone, please be ready
to verify your identity. If you would like someone who is not listed on the application to be able to speak
with RDHA on your behalf or about your application, please complete a Consent to Release form.
6. Based on the information you provide, we will assess your eligibility for the program you are applying for.
Once you have been found eligible, we will point score your application.