Your Rates Payment
Queen Street, P O Box 404, Te Kuiti 3941, NZ. Telephone 07-878 0800, Fax 07-878 7771, Email email@example.com, Website www.waitomo.govt.nz
What is a Rates Payment Arrangement?
As per Council’s penalty remission policy we have a formal rates payment option to
enable ratepayers to pay off their arrears without incurring penalties.
How do I go about getting a Rates Payment Arrangement?
Contact Council staff to discuss setting up a rates payment arrangement.
Under this arrangement you can make weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments towards
paying off your rates balance.
The method of payment for your Rates Payment Arrangement is by Council’s Easy Pay Direct Debit.
Please contact Council to obtain a form or print one off our website www.waitomo.govt.nz.
How do I make payments?
The Council has been contacted to enquire about entering a rates payment arrangement.
A rates payment arrangement form has been completed and returned to the Council.
An Easy Pay Direct Debit application form has been completed and returned to Council.
Use this checklist as a guide
To help you get set up with a Rates Payment Arrangement
What do I need to know?
1. Once you have entered into a formal payment arrangement with Council, penalties will not be applied
to your account.
of each year. Your amount will need to be changed annually.
the agreement will be deemed void and no penalties will be remitted. Failure to honour the agreed
payment arrangement will result in penalties being applied to all outstanding balances due and normal
debt collection procedures will commence.
4. Any default in the payment arrangement may result in the balance owing becoming immediately due
5. No arrangements will be put in place until Council has received this completed signed form.
6. The Waitomo District Council is under no obligation to accept or amend an alternative payment
7. Councilwillsendyoua letter conrmingthepaymentarrangementisinplaceandyouwillneedto
ensure payments are made on time until the balance is cleared.
Should you have any queries, please phone 0800 932 4357, our friendly
Customer Services Team are here to help.