REFUND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please review these guidelines before completing application form on reverse
*FEATURED PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
For every $500 given to an individual seminarian or religious aspirant, Supreme will refund the council or assembly $100.
The maximum refund a council or assembly can receive is $400 per individual supported. In addition to financial support,
Councils are also required to provide some form of moral and spiritual support for their success.
The following persons are eligible to receive RSVP funds:
• Seminarians who have been accepted by a diocese and are currently in their “spirituality” year
• Seminarians attending major seminaries (usually four years) in preparation for priestly ordination
• Seminarians in their “pastoral” year (most often when they are deacons)
• Seminarians attending college seminaries (sometimes called minor seminaries)
• Seminarians who belong to a religious institute and are currently in formation for the priesthood (religious seminarians
often are called “Brother” even though they will eventually be ordained as priests
• Men and women who are novices or postulants in religious orders or religious communities
Those eligible for assistance include foreign seminarians studying in the United States or Canada; U.S. or Canadian
seminarians studying overseas; seminarians from your home diocese currently attending seminaries in another diocese, state,
or country; and seminarians from other states or dioceses attending a seminary located in your jurisdiction.
The following persons are NOT eligible to receive RSVP Funds:
• Priests or religious seeking assistance for continuing education • Candidates for the permanent diaconate
• Religious brothers not currently studying for the priesthood
SECTION I AND II MUST BE COMPLETED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE RSVP PLAQUE
DIRECTIVES FOR SECTION I: REFUND INFORMATION
To qualify for the refund, the following conditions must be met:
• Money given to each individual must be vocation-related, donated between July 1 and June 30 within the
fraternal year applied for, and must amount to at least $500 per individual.
• The money must have been given to an individual and NOT to an institution or fund (e.g., a seminary or diocesan fund).
• Money must be given to a seminarian, postulant or novice only.
• The money must be paid with a check drawn on the council/assembly account.
• Copies of any canceled check(s) (both front and back sides) or other documentation must be attached to this
• If using documentation other than canceled check(s), you must include both a financial statement, such as a council
bank statement, and a letter of receipt from the seminarian.
DIRECTIVES FOR SECTION II: MORAL SUPPORT INFORMATION
In order to receive a certificate, moral support is required:
• Correspondence between council and seminarian/postulant
• Personal visits to seminary or religious residence
• Invitation of seminarian/postulant to council events
• Similar signs of interest
Email a copy of this document to: email@example.com
(Councils should also retain a copy of this completed form for their files)
Faith in Action
Refund Support Vocations Program