INFORMATION THAT IS TRANSMITTED SHALL BE LIMITED TO INFORMATION THAT IS
LOCALLY ORIENTED (CABLECAST AREA) AND OF INTEREST AND BENEFIT TO THE
GENERAL PUBLIC; E.G., PUBLIC MEETING SCHEDULES, COMMUNITY OR CULTURAL
EVENT CALENDARS, AND ANNOUNCEMENTS.
A. The following guidelines shall apply for use of the city channel:
1. All announcements shall have some relationship to those living and/or working in the
2. Announcements of events shall indicate whether they are free or if there is an
admission charge. An information number should be provided.
3. Emergency information shall be given priority transmission rights at the direction of
the City Manager, or appointed designee, and may displace all other information.
4. Daily use of the channel shall be allocated so that two-thirds of the daily cablecast
capacity shall be reserved for local government. The remaining time shall be allocated
for community information. Non-textual video transmission capabilities are specifically
reserved only for local government or public agency broadcast purposes.
5. Any cablecast capacity not used may be re-allocated between local government and
community information in the discretion of the City.
6. The City intends to maximize the use of the character generator by all parties. First-
time users shall have priority over regular users. If there is not adequate room in the
character generator for placement of all messages requested, the City reserves the right
to determine what messages will be placed on the character generator, to edit
messages as necessary to conserve cablecast capacity and to determine what
messages will be moved to a different start or finish date, or eliminated entirely.
7. The following categories of information SHALL NOT BE transmitted:
a. Advertising material designed to promote the sale of commercial products or
services; provided, that this shall not prohibit fund raising promotions by nonprofit
organizations and community service groups.
b. Advertising that promotes either a candidate for political office or a political
c. Advertising of events which will produce profits benefiting a private enterprise