REQUEST FOR PASS/NO-PASS GRADING
Course Identifier Course Name Instructor
I HAVE READ THE RULES FOR PASS/NO-PASS GRADING BELOW. (Check one) Yes No
1. Students must file a “Request for a Pass/No Pass Grade” in the Counseling Office before the appropriate
deadline. (See semester deadline sheet in the Counseling Office.) Once a request has been filed no
additional change in the grading system will be permitted.
2. In courses in which Pass/No Pass is authorized, the credit grade is granted for performance that is
equivalent to the letter grade of “C” or better.
3. Pass/No Pass grades and units earned will be recorded on the grade report and permanent record. These
units will not be used in computing the student’s grade point average but will be considered a part of the
student’s cumulative unit total.
4. All units earned on a Pass/No Pass basis in accredited California institutions of higher education or
equivalent out-of-state institutions shall be counted in satisfaction of community college curriculum
5. Students who receive an “NP” grade in a course must petition to repeat the course in order to take it
Student’s Signature Date
For courses eligible for Pass/No Pass grading and for further details, please refer to the Taft College catalog
or consult with your counselor/advisor. Transfer unit limits may apply on Pass/No Pass coursework.
Academic Records (original copy)
Instructor Rev. 05/19/20 TP
Student Name (please print)