University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Credit Transfer Policy for Current Pitt Students
• Students must be in good academic standing to attend a summer or special session at another university
in order to supplement their programs. If you have been suspended or dismissed for the time period
the courses were approved, you will NOT receive credit for any of these approved courses or for
any other course taken anywhere during the suspension or dismissal period.
• To obtain permission to attend another university, students must have begun their program in the
University of Pittsburgh system or must have been enrolled as a transfer student with no more than 30
advanced-standing or transfer credits.
• Course must be offered by an accredited institution.
• Students who have earned 60 or more credits at the end of the current term are not permitted to take
courses in 2-year schools, unless approved by the Registrar.
• Course must be different from any course taken previously. Students may not repeat coursework outside
of the University of Pittsburgh system.
• Courses with a grade of “C-“ or lower are not eligible for transfer
• Grades from another institution do not affect your local GPA
• Lower level courses at another institution do not fulfill upper level requirements at Pitt-Johnstown
• Credits attempted at an institution other than the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown while a student is
enrolled simultaneously at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown will not be transferable unless prior
approval is obtained.
• A maximum of 2 summer or special sessions may be taken at other institutions, with a maximum of 2
courses a session (it is assumed that 30 credits in residence will be earned between the 2 sessions, and
normally, another 30 credits in residence after returning from the last session).
Steps to finding a course equivalent at another institution:
1. Visit www.pitt-johnstown.pitt.edu/registrar
(Transfer Credit Guidelines > Transfer Credit Equivalences)
2. Select 2-year or 4-year school to find the appropriate class listing
• If the chosen course appears to be transferrable, print the page and attach it with this form.
• If the chosen course does not appear to be transferrable, visit the school's website to find a course
description. Then, print the description and attach it to this form.
Questions regarding the evaluation of coursework completed at other institutions should be directed to
Lisa Hunter, 279 Blackington Hall or (814) 269-7060.
SUBMIT COMPLETED FORM TO THE OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR,
279 BLACKINGTON HALL
Incomplete forms will not be accepted