REQUEST FOR ACCESS FORM
For Court Use Only
Your request was received on ___/___/___. In accordance with the Case Records Public Access Policy
of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania, please be advised that:
this request is being returned to you because it does not contain sufficient information to
evaluate your request. No further action will be taken unless you resubmit the request with
the information/record does not exist.
the information/record is not a case record as defined by the Policy.
you have failed to properly complete the Request Form.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING A CASE RECORD
1. A requestor shall identify or describe the record sought with specificity to enable the custodian
to ascertain which record is being requested.
2. The completed form shall be submitted to the appropriate custodian. Incomplete forms may
result in delayed access to the requested record.
3. The requestor may be charged reasonable fees for access to court records. Fees for duplication
by photocopying or printing from electronic media or microfilm shall not exceed $0.25 per
page, unless otherwise provided by applicable authority.
4. Requests will be completed as promptly as possible under the circumstances existing at the
time of the request. If the custodian cannot fulfill the request promptly or at all, the custodian
shall inform the requestor of the specific reason(s) why access to the information is being
delayed or denied.
5. If a request is denied by the custodian, relief may be sought by filing a motion or application
with the court for which the custodian maintains the records. If a request is denied by a
magisterial district court, relief may be sought by filing an appeal with the president judge of
the judicial district or the president judge's designee. If a request is denied by the Philadelphia
Municipal Court, relief may be sought by filing a motion with the president judge of
Philadelphia Municipal Court or the president judge's designee.
click to sign
click to edit