Office of the Registrar
New Student Registration is available immediately after your Academic Advising appointment.
Welcome to Reed College!
When you check in for Orientation you will receive an orientation schedule with your adviser assignment and
appointment time. Your adviser assignment and appointment time will also be sent to your Reed email.
Students must be cleared by the business office in order to register for classes.
If you are not cleared it means that your tuition and fees have not been paid in full. Students who are not
cleared by the business office will receive an email from the Controller regarding their account status. To gain
clearance from the business office, go to the cashier’s window, Eliot Hall 308, on/or before registration to make
Be sure to complete any outstanding business with the financial aid office in Eliot Hall 203.
Now, To Complete Registration...
1. Meet with your academic adviser at your appointed time to decide on your classes for the fall
spring semesters and get your personal identification number (PIN) for registration.
2. View the most up-to-date version of the web-based, searchable Schedule of Classes at class-
3. Record your course selections on this Registration Schedule Planner before you register for
classes. Be sure to include labs, conferences and lectures for courses with multiple sections (e.g.
4. The computers on the first floor of the Educational Technology Center (ETC) are reserved for new
student registration. You can also use your own laptop to log on to the web-based registrati
system, SOLAR at solar.reed.edu when it opens for “FIRST CHOICE” at 1:30pm
5. The registration system remains open until at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday of Orientation week. Afte
registration closes, classes with multiple sections (e.g. HUM 110, first year science and language
courses) will be balanced to distribute enrollments evenly. As a result of this balancing you may
find that the conference or lab you originally selected has changed.
6. Over the weekend, we recommend you check your final schedule in IRIS at iris.reed.edu.
7. Add/drop begins on the first day of classes and requires a paper add/drop form. The web-
registration system SOLAR is not available once classes begin.
Questions? email@example.com (503
) 777-7296 or visit us in Eliot Hall 311