For more information on QCAT: Call 1300 753 228 or visit www.qcat.qld.gov.au
Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
PART A APPLICANT’S AND RESPONDENT’S DETAILS (continued)
Representative’s details (continued)
You are not required to seek leave if:
• you are a child or a person with impaired capacity
• your case is a disciplinary case
• an Act or the Rules state that you may be legally represented.
PART D DETAILS OF RESPONSE
• Provide the reasons you are disputing the allegations made by the applicant.
• Use numbered paragraphs which are cross-referenced to the paragraphs in the applicant’s
• Include a clear outline of the history and nature of the dispute.
PART E DETAILS OF WHAT YOU SEEK FROM THE TRIBUNAL
• As an example, you may ask the tribunal to dismiss the application. You will need to set out the
reason why you think this should happen.
• If you are making a response, refer to each order that the applicant seeks, and by reference to the
numbered paragraphs for that order.
Instructions for completing (continued)
Privacy consent and disclosure statement
The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) collects personal information from applicants in
proceedings (You), for the purposes of compliance with the provisions of the Queensland Civil and Administrative
Tribunal Act 2009.
QCAT wishes to use your personal information for research purposes to improve its services. An example
of research is an online survey or focus group. QCAT may also share information about You with research
companies for the purposes of conducting research. Any research company engaged by QCAT will undertake to
keep your personal information condential subject to the Information Privacy Act 2009.
By signing this Statement, you consent to communicate with QCAT by email or other suitable manner
for research purposes; you consent to the sharing of your personal information with third parties as
indicated and you waive your right to take further action against QCAT for any breach of your privacy.
Your consent commences from the date that you sign this Statement and return it to QCAT and continues for
research purposes after your matter with QCAT has nalised and until you either withdraw your consent or upon
the expiration of a period of 12 months.
Signature of applicant
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read this Privacy Consent and Disclosure Statement and that I
consent to the use and disclosure of my personal information as described in this Statement.
Applicant/s sign here
For further information call 1300 753 228 or write to the QCAT registry, GPO Box 1639, Brisbane 4001.
click to sign
click to edit