Provincial Tuition Waiver Program
Page 1 of 3
WHAT IS THE PROVINCIAL TUITION WAIVER PROGRAM?
The program waives tuition and mandatory fees for full-time and part-time B.C. post-secondary students who are studying
towards a certicate, diploma, or undergraduate degree who are former youth in care between the ages of 19 and up to their 27th
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM IF YOU
• are a resident of B.C.; or
• have been placed in another province under a Ministry of Children and Family Develop-
ment Interprovincial Placement Agreement;
• are studying full- or part-time at a B.C. public post-secondary instutition, the Native
Education College or one of the ten approved trades training providers
• are between the ages of 19 to 26 years of age (inclusive); or
• are 17 or 18 years of age, have graduated from high school and are no longer in the care
of the Ministry of Children and Family Development; and
• were formerly in any B.C. Ministry of Children and Family Development’s Legal Statuses,
or Delegated Aboriginal Agency or the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty
Reduction’s Child in Home of Relative program for at least 24 months or 730 days (consecu-
tive or accumulated in any combination).
Approved Trades Training Providers include:
• Boilermaker Training Centre
• Construction and Specialized Workers
• D.C. 38 Joint Trade Society
• Electrical Joint Training Committee
• Floorlayers Union
• IUOE Local 115 Training Association
• Piles Drivers Local 2404
• Piping Industry Apprenticeship Board
• Sheet Metal Workers Training Centre Society
• Trowel Trades Training Association
Legal Statuses include:
• Continuing Custody Order with a Director
• Extended Family Plan
• Interim Custody Order with a Director
• Interim Custody Order with person other than a parent
• Permanent Transfer of Custody Order with person other than a parent
• Special Needs Agreement
• Temporary Custody Order
• Temporary Transfer of Custody Order
• Under the Guardianship of a Director - Adoptions Act
• Under the Guardianship of a Director - Infants Act
• Voluntary Care Agreement
• Youth Agreement
1. Complete Sections 1 and 3.
2. Have your Financial Aid Officer at your post-secondary institution complete Section 2.
3. Your Financial Aid Officer submits the completed application to email@example.com.
Processing takes approximately two weeks. It may take up to six weeks to receive a response.
APPLICATION FORM BEGINS ON PAGE 2.
Sections 1 & 3.
BC noties the
institution of the
the application to
Visit the StudentAid BC
Still have questions?
Email us at