Last Name: First Name: MI:
Rocket ID: First Semester Enrolled (term/year):
College: Health and Human Services Certificate: Contemporary Gerontological Practice
Expected Graduation (term/year):
List all graduate courses required for the degree
GERO 5400 or
Health and Aging or
Public Health and Aging (for MPH only)
Issues in Contemporary Gerontological Practice
GERO 5420 Grief and Bereavement Issues in Older Adulthood
Funding and Resource Generation for Older
Guided Independent Study in Gerontological
15 credit hours
Original Submission Date:
RETURN TO: College of Graduate Studies
an of Study for the Certificate
Contemporary Gerontological Practice (GERO)
Description: The Plan of Study serves two main purposes. By defining a student’s course of study, it provides focus and direction to
his or her graduate program and it constitutes an agreement that successful completion of the proposed course of study and the
general certificate requirements will result in the awarding of the certificate. Each student working for a certificate is required to file a
Plan of Study with the College of Graduate Studies prior to the completion of 6 credit hours. This plan must be approved by the
Advisor and the Program Director before being submitted to the College of Graduate Studies. It is understood that the first “Plan of
Study” filed by a student may be subject to change as he/she progresses. However, it is the student’s responsibility to notify the
College of Graduate Studies of any changes to an approved plan of study. According to the University of Toledo General Catalog, it
is the policy that credit applied towards certificate programs must have been earned within the period of four years immediately
preceding the time the certificate is awarded.
1. List all credits earned or to be earned that you would like to apply toward fulfillment of the Certificate requirements.
2. Under “Course Alphanumeric Code,” give department and course number as they were taken or are to be taken. Give the
course title in the second column. Enter term and grade information as appropriate.
3. Complete the “Credits “column for all courses listed.
4. Obtain all required signatures and forward to the College of Graduate Studies for final approval.
5. If there are significant changes, a new “Plan of Study” should be completed. If there are minimal changes, a “Plan of
Study Course Substitution” form may be