that the information I have provided in the Tenant Application regarding the terms of my/our lease, rent amount,
and/or utility arrears are true and accurate.
8. If I/We have requested assistance for any late fees, and I/we certify that those late fees were incurred due to the
impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on my/our household and were not accrued prior to March 13, 2021.
9. I/We understand that if determined to be ineligible, I/We can appeal the decision by following the appeal
instructions at TXRentRelief.com
10. I/We understand and attest that if I/we qualified for this program by providing evidence that we qualify under
another eligible program such as Head Start, SNAP, LIHEAP, TANF, VA benefits, or SSI that my/our household size is
comprised of 6 or fewer members and that my/our household income does not exceed the applicable limit. I/We
understand and attest that if I/we qualified for this program by providing evidence that we qualify under WIC that
my/our household size is comprised of 3 or fewer members and that my/our household income does not exceed the
I/We understand and attest that if I/we qualified for this program by providing a Tenant Income Certification, my/our
household income does not exceed the applicable limit.
I/we confirm that our household income does not exceed the applicable limit
11. Tenant acknowledges that all information collected, assembled, or maintained by the Texas Rent Relief Program
pertaining to their application, except records made confidential by law or court order, are subject to the Texas Public
Information Act (Chapter 552 of Texas Government Code) and the Texas Rent Relief Program must provide citizens,
public agencies, and other interested parties with reasonable access to all records pertaining to this application
subject to and in accordance with the Texas Public Information Act.
12. I/We shall provide the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the U.S. Inspector General, the U.S. General Accounting
Office, the Texas Comptroller, the Texas State Auditor’s Office, the Office of Court Administration and the Texas
Department of Housing and Community Affairs, or any of their duly authorized representatives, access to and the
right to examine and copy records related to a payment made as a result of this application. If provided funds directly,
I/we agree to keep records of payment to the Landlord for the later of seven years, or such records will be kept for
the longer of seven years, after notice of a monitoring, audit, or litigation, has been provided, the matter has had a
13. I/We have been provided a copy of this certification.
14. I/We may remain responsible for charges presented with my utility bill, such as district assessments, internet, or
cooperative fees, that are presented separately from the charges for utility service.
15. I/We may remain responsible for charges authorized under the lease other than rent going forward, including but
not limited to pet rent or trash pickup fees.
16. The information I/We have provided is true, accurate, and complete, and if requested, I am able to provide
documentation to prove my household’s loss of income or additional expenses. I/We understand that providing false,
incomplete, or inaccurate information on application forms or seeking assistance for months in which assistance has
been or will be provided, may result in termination of participation in the Program, up to 5 years of imprisonment and