POKAGON BAND OF POTAWATOMI
58620 Sink Road • PO Box • Dowagiac, MI 49047 • www.PokagonBand-nsn.gov
(269) 782-0887 • (888) 330-1234 toll free • (269) 782-0985 fax
2020-2021 HEAP Application
I agree to the following items as a condition of receiving the Higher Education Assistance Program:
1. Must use funds for education-related expenses.
2. Must attend the institution listed on the application.
3. Must submit a copy of diploma upon graduation.
4. Must submit a HEAP Application each semester.
5. Must submit college/university unofficial transcript to verify grades.
6. Must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or the minimum standard for the
higher education institution for undergraduate study and 3.0 for graduate study. If the student’s
cumulative grade point average drops below the determined GPA, the student will be placed on
academic probation and must follow the Academic Improvement Plan found in the HEAP Policy.
7. Must notify the Pokagon Band’s Education Department of any changes to the original schedule
submitted. Reduced credit hours must be paid back if you were awarded tuition based off more
credit hours than taken.
8. Withdrawal from school must be pre-approved by the Higher Education Specialist. Student must
notify the Pokagon Band Department of Education within (5) business days after dropping a class
or withdrawing from school completely. The portion of the Pokagon Higher Education Assistance
received for the dropped class must be paid back to the Pokagon Band following the HEAP
9. Must maintain current address, telephone number, email address, and other contact information
with the Pokagon Band Enrollment Department.
10. Must scan and email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If a student is
unable to email completed application, then submission via mail, drop off or fax (269-782-0985)
11. Must submit all required paperwork for the semester requesting funding before the following
deadlines to be eligible:
Deadline: Fall Semester August 1
Deadline: Spring/Winter Semester December 1
Deadline: Summer May 1
I understand that failure to abide by these conditions may jeopardize my future HEAP funds.