Ministry of the
Office of the
Intake Form Instructions
Custody/Access Cases under
the Divorce Act and/or the
Children's Law Reform Act
Please read this page carefully before you fill out the form.
1. Only complete this Intake Form if a judge has made an order asking the Children's Lawyer to become
involved in your custody and access case.
2. Check off the box in Section 2 if you require services in French.
3. Send the completed form and signed consent form(s) to the Office of the Children's Lawyer within 14
days of the date of the Court order requesting that the Children's Lawyer become involved.
4. Do NOT attach affidavits or Court pleadings to your Intake Form.
5. Please make sure that you:
a. Answer all of the questions in this form; we will be able to make a faster decision about accepting
the case if your information is complete;
b. Sign and date the form where asked (page 1 and page 14 of Intake Form); and
c. Complete, sign and date the consent(s) to release information forms found at the end of the Intake
6. You can either:
a. Fax the form to 416-314-8050 or
b. Mail it to:
Office of the Children's Lawyer
393 University Avenue, 14
Toronto, ON M5G 1E6
7. Ask your lawyer to help you complete this form if you have one.
8. You must sign the Intake Form. Your lawyer cannot sign the form for you.
9. Please explain your concerns in the space provided.
10. Please print clearly and use black or blue ink if you are completing the form by hand.
11. Review the checklist at the end of the form and make sure that you have attached all of the requested
documents before sending in your Intake Form.
OCL0050E (201811)_ Instructions
© Queens Printer for Ontario,
Disponible en Français page i of ii