Peter Carlton Anderson was an active member of the Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity while
a student at Jacksonville University. He lost his life on January 24, 1965, his sophomore year,
while on his way to an executive committee meeting. His family, friends and fraternity
dedicated this scholarship to honor his memory. Each year one or more business students will
be selected for best exemplifying Peter's dedication to his school through deeds, good
scholarship, and outstanding service.
Applications will be accepted by the Davis College of Business. The award will have a value of
at least $500 and will be divided between fall 2019 and spring 2020 . Scholarships will be
payable to Jacksonville University in the name of the scholarship winner and may be used for
school charges not covered by other grants or scholarships. Eligibility criteria for the award are
1. You must be pursuing a major in the Davis College of Business.
2. You must be an undergraduate sophomore or junior at the time of application.
3. You must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
4. You must demonstrate an active involvement in school activities.
5. You must submit a short essay about how these activities enrich your college
6. You must provide an unofficial transcript
Apply for the scholarship using the below application. Return a) your completed application,
b) a copy of your current unofficial JU transcript and c) your essay to the Dean's office in the
Davis College of Business or email email@example.com by March 18, 2020.
Peter Carlton Anderson Memorial Endowed Scholarship Award