Pass/No-Pass Grade Petition
Office of Admissions and Records
(Effective catalog 2019-2020)
COVID-19 Executive Order 20-02
On March 16, 2020, the state Chancellor’s Office has provided relief in Executive Order 20-02 that waives timelines and
other restrictions related to students’ abilities to request Pass/No Pass (P/NP) as a grading option. The LACCD will lift the
restriction on the number of courses/units students can take for Pass/No Pass this semester and in future terms while the
COVID-19 health emergency continues. Additionally, these courses will not count towards the maximum number of
P/NP limits one may apply to the degree, including major courses, as may be defined by each college.
I request to be graded on a “Pass/No Pass” basis. I understand that:
1. I will be held responsible for all assignments and examinations required in the course and must meet the standards of
evaluation which are identical for all students.
2. I shall receive course credit and unit credit upon satisfactory completion of the course. Satisfactory completion for
“Pass” (P) is equivalent to the grade of “C” or better; unsatisfactory completion for “No-Pass” (NP) is equivalent to
the grade of “D” or an “F”.
3. Course taken this term as a replacement/repeat of a previously-graded course may be taken Pass/No Pass. (Note that a
grade of “Pass” will replace a previous grade, while a grade of “No Pass” will not replace a previous grade.) The
previous grade GPA will not be counted towards the student’s cumulative GPA if replaced with the Pass grade.
4. Units earned on a Pass/No Pass basis shall not be used to calculate grade-point average nor will NP be considered in
probationary and dismissal procedures.
5. I acknowledge that the grading basis of Pass/No Pass may affect my placement on the Dean’s List, President’s List and
6. I may change my grading basis (letter grade to “Pass/No Pass” or vice versa) on or before the last day to drop with a
W/EW for the course.
7. I cannot convert my Pass/No Pass grade to a letter grade after the official grade has been recorded on my transcript.
8. ATTENTION TRANSFER STUDENTS: Before you elect to take a course for Pass/No Pass, it is highly
recommended you consult with a transfer counselor, because each University/College has its own policy
regarding courses accepted for credit taken with a Pass/No Pass grade.
I am responsible for verifying the Pass/No Pass policy of my transfer institution. This information can be
obtained at each transfer institution admissions office or catalog. Initials _____
9. Once this petition is approved, the petition is “Irreversible”. Initials _____
List below the courses you wish to take on a Pass/No Pass Basis:
Course Name & Number Class Number Course Name & Number Class Number
Student’s Signature: Date:
Office Use Only
Processed By: _______________________________ Date: _____________________________________
Revised 10/06/2020 – Office of Admissions
Rec’d By: _________
Name: Student ID #:
Date of Birth: Contact Number: E-Mail: