- 1 - RDA-2516
Tennessee Investments Preparing Scholars
A Program of the State of Tennessee Treasury Department
P.O. Box 55597 w Boston, MA 02205-5597
Local: 615-741-1502 w Toll-Free: 1-855-386-7827 w Fax: 615-401-6816
Email: email@example.com w Website: www.tnstars.com/ps
Use this application to apply for the State of Tennessee’s TIPS higher education savings matching grant program.
• Complete and mail, with this form, a TNStars™ Account Application for any beneciary listed in Section 2
of this application that does not already have a TNStars™ account.
• Make sure to list ALL members of your household related by marriage, birth or adoption in Section 3.
• Your TIPS Application and contributions must be postmarked by June 30, 2021.
• Tax return/transcript must accompany the TIPS Program Application.
• To qualify for the TIPS higher education savings matching grant program, your total Federal Adjusted
Gross Income must be less than the amount shown below (depending on the size of your family):
Total Federal Adjusted Gross Income*
Persons in Family or Household
Family of 1
Family of 2
Family of 3
Family of 4
Family of 5
Family of 6
Family of 7
Family of 8
For family units of more than eight (8), add $4,480 for each additional person.
*Beginning January 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021, the 2020 tax return may
be provided for income verication. As such, from January 1, 2021 until
June 30, 2021, TNStars™ participants may use either the 2019 tax return or
the 2020 tax return.
Information relative to household income is required to be submitted with this application for the TIPS
higher education savings matching grant program. You may provide a copy of the 2019/2020 tax return
for each income earner in the household or you may include a transcript of your 2019/2020 tax return.
Please refer to TIPS Program Description for details regarding terms and conditions.