RETURNING TO COOPER
A GUIDE FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF ON CAMPUS DURING FALL 2020
This Personal Pledge recognizes our shared responsibility to do our part to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus
on our campus. This pledge is meant for all students, faculty, and sta in the Cooper Union community.
As members of the Cooper Union we sign this social contract as each of us pledges to:
• Wear a face covering over our nose and mouth, at all times while on campus. The only exceptions to this requirement
will be: 1) when alone in a private room with a closed door; and 2) when eating (though six-foot social distancing
must still be maintained).
• Keep at least six feet apart from other people whenever possible.
• Complete the information on Cooper Union’s self-screening app (CUSAFE) every day before coming to campus or
at the security desk kiosk before entering the buildings.
• Stay home when sick or after possible exposure to COVID-19.
• Frequently wash/sanitize hands as a standard safety precaution.
• Follow signs and guidance posted throughout campus hallways and rooms.
• Participate in testing, contact tracing, isolation and/or quarantine protocols, when required.
O campus, all members of the Cooper Union community are expected to follow city and state public health
requirements, such as wearing a face covering and keeping proper physical distance away from others.
Cooper Union pledges to do its part, by:
• Implementing a Health and Safety Plan;
• Rigorously cleaning and sanitizing throughout the campus;
• Developing and carrying out symptom tracking and self-screening protocols;
• Supporting COVID-19 testing, contact tracing, quarantine and isolation, as necessary;
• Sharing information in a timely manner; and
• Providing basic health supplies for the community, such as face coverings, gloves, hand sanitizers and wipes.
Each of us has an important role to play. Together, we will do our part to prevent COVID-19 transmission by
protecting Cooper Union students, faculty, and sta.
I agree to the terms and conditions stated above in this social contract. I understand that failing to live up to this
pledge to the Cooper Union Community may have consequences regarding campus access.
Name (printed) Signature Date
TO THE COOPER UNION COMMUNITY