REQUEST FOR PRIVATE DUTY POLICE SERVICES (CONT’D)
2 of 2
3. Routine non-emergency private police services shall be requested with the HPD Auxiliary Services Division at (860)757-4330
not less than twenty-four (24) hours in advance.
4. Such requests may be submitted via email online by completing the Private Duty Detail Request. A request is available at
www.hartford.gov/police. Applicants should receive an email confirming approval of application.
5. If the private police services are requested for the construction job, a copy of the valid permit shall be submitted with the
Private Duty Detail Request and Application and an original permit should be retained on the job site.
6. Cancellations must be received via phone at least 2 hours prior to the time when the requested services are to be
performed. If the cancellation notification is not received via phone at least 2 hours prior to the start time, the applicant will be
charged for 4 hours of service at the applicable rate. For cancellations received after the scheduled start time for the work, in
instances where the work has commenced, the full amount for services requested on the application shall be due.
7. Per union contract, when a Private Duty Detail requires three (3) to six (6) officers, one (1) Sergeant will be assigned to such
job if available and such hours will be billed to the applicant. Per union contract, if the detail requires two (2) to five (5)
Sergeants, one (1) Lieutenant or above will be assigned to such job, if available, and such hours will be billed to the applicant.
It may be necessary for the private job supervisor to adjust the number of Sergeants and Lieutenants assigned if
circumstances warrant, in which case the applicant will be solely financially responsible for such adjustments. One (1) Police
Captain will normally be assigned, if available, when two (2) or more Lieutenants are assigned to the same private job.
8. All invoices are due and payable upon receipt and must be paid in full no later than 30 days of invoice date. Nothing herein
shall be construed as requiring payment in advance.
9. The applicant will incur monthly interest charges of 1.5% for all invoices older than 30 days, or at the interest rate allowed by
law, whichever is lower.
10. In addition to accrued interest, failure to pay any invoice after 60 days from its due date may result in suspension of the
account and /or the account submittal for collection or other legal action. Suspension will remain in effect until the account is
current or a payment plan agreement is in place. Interest charges will continue to accrue.
11. Applicants must be current with all financial obligations, taxes and/or fees due to the City of Hartford, including, but is not
limited to, general property taxes, miscellaneous permits, false alarm fees, fire watch fees and/or special event charges. The
City reserves the right not to lift the suspension until all monies owed to the City are satisfied.
12. While on suspension the applicant will not be allowed to hire private duty officers until the account comes current.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, and irrespective of any other provision herein, Police Chief reserves the right to require private
duty extra officer(s) for public safety reasons.
13. Applicants must comply with all requirements of state, local and federal laws, regulations, codes and ordinances.
14. Applicant signature constitutes full agreement to the terms and conditions and financial responsibility for the private duty
services requested and provided.
15. All parties agree that the Hartford Police Department may, at any time and for any reason, amend the terms and conditions of
this agreement with written notice of the changed terms.
Payments must be made payable to: CITY OF HARTFORD
Include remittance copy and send to: CITY OF HARTFORD
Revenue Management & Collections Division
550 Main Street, Room 303
Hartford, CT 06103
A duly signed copy of this request/application, transmitted by electronic facsimile or email, shall be construed as valid and
enforceable as an original request/application between the parties. The individual executing this request/application on
behalf of the applicant affirms they are authorized to do so thereby binding the applicant to all terms and conditions
I have read, understood, and agree to the above terms and conditions. Applicant signature constitutes full agreement to the
terms and conditions and financial responsibility for the private duty services requested and provided.
I am authorized to sign on behalf of the above-listed business, or corporation and/or entity (if applicable).
Applicant’s Name (PRINT): Applicants’ Title:
Applicant’s Signature: Date:
AUXILIARY SERVICE SUPERVISOR DATE:
( ) APPROVED ( ) DECLINED
FISCAL MANAGER SIGNATURE DATE: