PHLEBOTOMY APPLICATION ∙ FALL 2020
Admission into the Phlebotomy program for FALL 2020 is by application, and only completed applications
will be accepted. There are fifteen (15) spaces available. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The
registration fee is $224, which includes $180 registration, $5 technology, $15 security, $2 accident
insurance, $16 malpractice insurance, and $6 CPR eCard.
Phlebotomy training prepares students to draw blood specimens from patients for testing and analyzing. A
phlebotomist maintains equipment used in obtaining blood specimens; use of appropriate communication
skills when working with patients; selection of venipuncture sites; the care of blood specimen; entry of the
testing process in the computer; as well as clerical duties associated with record keeping of blood tests.
The course consists of theory and clinical experiences in performing blood collection. CPR training is
included in this program. CPR is required for clinical experience. CPR is AHA Health Care Provider.
The Division of Continuing Education of Wilson Community College recognizes and is fully supportive of
clinical agencies that require a drug screen, background check, or fingerprinting on students. Costs of
these tests are the responsibility of the student. The College has partnered with Castle Branch for these
tests. No other provider will be accepted. The cost is $90. Students are required to sign up for the drug
screen and criminal background check at www.castlebranch.com; package code: WD71 (bgdt) background
and drug screen only. Students have ten (10) days after the class begins to sign up with castlebranch and
to complete the required tasks. Failure to do so will result in student not being able to continue in the
Phlebotomy Training and Clinical Experience.
• Complete the Phlebotomy application on the reverse side. Application can also be downloaded
from the wilsoncc.edu website, Continuing Education, Health Occupations page.
• Submit completed application to email@example.com or to the Continuing Education office on
• Copies of the following are required and must be submitted with application:
• High School Diploma, High School Equivalency, or Transcript
• Valid Picture ID (example: unexpired driver’s license)
• Proof of following immunizations:
• Two TB skin tests (within twelve (12) months of class start date)
• Two MMR (Mumps, Measles, Rubella) injections
• Three Hepatitis B (at least the first injection is required prior to start of class)
• Varicella injection or Titer (blood test to prove immunity to chicken pox)
• Tdap (within the past 10 years)
• Flu vaccine – starting September 2020
It is the student’s responsibility to obtain and attach copies of the required immunization records to
application. Keep the original record and SUBMIT COPIES ONLY.
The Phlebotomy Textbook 3rd Edition - (Approximately $75)
The American Heart Association CPR Textbook - (Approximately $20)
REQUIRED PRIOR TO CLINICAL ROTATIONS:
UNIFORMS: Purple V-neck shirt; white pants, white lab coat, and white, closed-toe shoes. The Instructor
must approve skirts and/or dresses prior to clinical rotation. Nametags are available in Building F prior to
clinical rotation. Nametags are required for Clinical. Students must be dressed professionally at all times
when in clinical setting. Body piercings and tattoos must be covered when in clinical. Instructor will inform
students of guidelines for dressing professionally.