Ventura County Community College District
PETITION TO AUDIT CLASS
Accordance with Section 72252.3 of the Education Code, students enrolled in 10 units or more may, with instructor consent, be allowed to
audit one lecture only class per term without a fee. Students enrolled in less than ten units may, with instructor consent, audit one lecture
only class per term for a non-refundable fee of fifteen dollars ($15.00) per unit per semester. As required by section (d), priority in class
enrollment shall be given to students desiring to take the course for credit towards a certificate or degree. Therefore, students wishing to
audit may register for classes in audit status by special classes petition only in the last two days of the add/drop period. This petition
requires permission of the instructor. LABORATORY CLASSES ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR AUDIT. In accordance with the
section (c) of this statute, no student auditing a course shall be permitted to change his or her enrollment in that course to receive credit for
Students auditing a course are not permitted to take exams in class, nor are they permitted to challenge the course at a later date.
Instructors are under no obligation to grade assignments of students auditing a course. Attendance requirements for students auditing
courses are the same as for all other students as stated in the college catalogs.
1. Student may audit one (1) lecture only class per semester or summer session. Laboratory classes are not available for audit.
2. Audit petition accepted only during the last two (2) days of the add/drop period.
3. Enrollment in any audited course may not be changed in an attempt to receive credit for such course.
4. Audited courses may not be challenged at a later date in an attempt to receive credit for such course.
5. Students auditing a course are not permitted to take exams.
6. Instructors are under no obligation to grade assignments of student auditing a course.
1. FALL/SPRING SEMESTERS: No charge if student is officially enrolled in ten (10.0) or more units. Fifteen dollars per unit for
students enrolled in 0 – 9.5 units.
2. SUMMER SESSION: No charge if student is officially enrolled in three (3.0) or more units. Fifteen dollars per unit for students
enrolled in 0 – 2.5 units.
3. Students who wish to audit a class must pay the student health fee.
4. Audit fees are non-refundable
NAME (Please Print) ________________________________________________________________________________________
Last First MI
STUDENT ID NUMBER 900_____________ DATE OF BIRTH ________/______/________
TELEPHONE NUMBER (Day)____________________________(Evening)_______________________
*Student may audit one (1) lecture only class per semester or summer session. Laboratory classes are not available for audit.*
COURSE NAME__________________________ COURSE REFERENCE NUMBER____________ UNITS____________
SEMESTER/YEAR ____SPRING ____ SUMMER ____ FALL 20________
INSTRUCTOR APPROVAL ________________________________ DATE _______________________
I have read the Audit Policy and agree to abide by all provisions stated.
Office Use Only: Amount Paid______________ Date _______________ Initials __________________