(Contact us if you need help:
Call 0860 000 654 between 07:30 - 17:30 (Mon - Fri) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make an informed decision:
▪ Read our Product Range brochure to make sure you have chosen the right product to suit your needs.
▪ Refer to the fund factsheets (minimum disclosure documents) and the Allan Gray Local Investment Platform Fund
List for information on the unit trusts we offer. Certain unit trusts are subject to availability.
Consider getting ﬁnancial advice:
▪ Allan Gray does not provide ﬁnancial advice. However, we believe in the merits of good independent advice.
▪ If you are not comfortable making your own investment decisions, consider using the services of an independent
ﬁnancial adviser (IFA). To locate an IFA in your area, refer to the ‘Find an independent ﬁnancial adviser’ section of
▪ Once you are a member of the preservation fund, you may only make one withdrawal, of 100% or less per
investment account, before retirement. You will not be able to make a withdrawal if you have previously taken
a withdrawal or where there are withdrawal restrictions imposed by the transferring fund. If you transferred to a
preservation fund from a pension or provident fund on leaving employment (after retirement age of your scheme),
you will not be entitiled to a withdrawal in respect of the transferred amount (including growth).
▪ Your unit trust selection must comply with Regulation 28 of the Pension Funds Act that limits the maximum
exposure you may have to various asset classes, for example: 75% in equities, 25% in property and 30% in foreign
assets (with an additional 10% in African assets).
▪ To check whether your selection complies, you can use the Regulation 28 calculator on our website, or contact
your ﬁnancial adviser or our Client Service Centre.
▪ Make sure you have your tax identiﬁcation number on hand.
▪ Complete all the information on the form to ensure that there is no delay in processing your investment.
▪ Read the Conditions of Membership to understand the rules of your investment.
▪ You will need an investment overview to complete this form. This is available from your ﬁnancial adviser or our
Client Service Centre.
You may need to complete additional forms, depending on the speciﬁcs of your investment:
▪ Are you representing the investor? Complete the 'Acting on behalf of the investor' form.
▪ Would you like to phase in your investment? Complete the 'Phase-instruction' form.
Send us the documents listed below:
Email: email@example.com or Fax: 0860 000 655 or +27 (0)21 415 2492
Completed 'Pension/Provident Preservation Fund application' form
Copy of your South African bar-coded ID, valid passport (if a foreign national) or birth certiﬁcate (if minor)
Where a unit transfer is required, please provide a recent statement of your investment
Any related instructions (e.g. 'Acting on behalf of the investor' form) and relevant supporting documents.
In certain instances we may contact you requesting additional documents
The relevant Allan Gray bank account details are as follows:
Account name: Allan Gray Pension Preservation Fund
Bank: First National Bank
Branch code: 20-41-09
Account type: Current
Account number: 620 463 424 08
Reference number: 13 digit SA ID number (South African residents)/passport number (if a foreign national)
Please note that if instructions and documents are received:
▪ Before 14:00 on a business day, we will start processing on that day.
▪ After 14:00 on a business day, we will start processing on the next business day.
▪ On a weekend or public holiday, we will start processing on the next business day.
▪ We will process your instruction once we receive all the required completed documents and the money reﬂects in
the Allan Gray Pension/Provident Preservation Fund bank account.
▪ You will receive conﬁrmation once your instruction has been processed.
▪ You will receive an Allan Gray Online account with this investment and will be contacted to activate your
Allan Gray Online account within two business days of your instruction being processed.
BEFORE YOU INVEST
COMPLETE THE FORM &
AGREE TO CONDITIONS
Allan Gray Provident Preservation Fund
First National Bank
620 463 428 96
PENSION/PROVIDENT PRESERVATION FUND APPLICATION