Narrative of Experiences
Letters of Recommendations/Testimony
1. A student who seeks LEAP credit should contact the Division Coordinator of the course.
2. If the Division Coordinator confirms the possibility that LEAP credit would be applicable, the student is
instructed to prepare a portfolio and to complete the Application for LEAP Credit (see the following
pages), and the appropriate sections of the Portfolio Worksheet and Assessment Evaluation Form for
LEAP and to pay the $15 per credit hour assessment and evaluation fee.
3. The Division Coordinator should review the Application for LEAP Credit and the Portfolio Worksheet
and Assessment Evaluation Form. If additional information is needed the Division Coordinator should
request information from the Student.
4. If no additional documentation is needed, or once all needed documentation has been received, the
LEAP credit request should be sent to committee review.
5. The Division Coordinator of the course will schedule an appointment for the applicant to meet with the
review committee to discuss his/her experiential background, if necessary. If the committee agrees that
the student’s experiences warrant further action, the objectives and competencies for appropriate courses
are reviewed. For work experience, a demonstration of acquired competencies will be scheduled.
6. An evaluation is completed by the committee, and appropriate credit is approved on the application
form. Should the evaluation indicate that a student has demonstrated competencies for additional course-
referenced credit hours, upon payment of $15 per credit hour, credit will be awarded for additional
hours. However, if a student pays for nine credit hours and demonstrates competencies for only six
credit hours, a refund will not be granted: payment is for the evaluation process, not the awarding of
7. Copies of the evaluation form and completed application with credit approved are sent to the Registrar’s
Office. The portfolio is returned to the student; however, any other documentation is retained in the
student’s academic record.
8. A grade of “P” will be awarded for LEAP credits.