Organizational & Professional Development Grant Program
Applicants must be staff members (full or part time) of organizations that meet the following
eligibility criteria or County/Tribal Cultural Coalition members.
A cultural nonprofit registered on the Cultural Trust website which is:
- a recognized 501(c)(3) organization by the IRS and
- current with all grant reporting requirements to the Cultural Trust and its funding partners
or A County/Tribal Cultural Coalition, current with all grant reporting requirements.
This category supports organizational development with a maximum award of $2,000 for
capacity building through
professional consultation and/or facilitation projects.
ational Development Projects may include:
• Strategic planning
• Organizational branding/marketing
• Board development
• Audience development or marketing
• Evaluating and planning to make facilities, programs and staff accessible to
individuals with disabilities
• Financial management
• Executive development
• Transition planning
Requests of up to $2,000 may be submitted after July 1, 2020. Grant awards are limited
to $2,000 per project and one award per organization during the grant period, until
available funds are depleted.
Subsequent applications may be made for follow-up activities or additional consultation in the
following grant cycle, should this program be extended.
Funds may not be used for:
s for existing full or part-time staff of the applicant organization,
• Programming and production expenses, or
• Reimbursement of completed projects or activities.
This category supports professional development for key leaders of cultural nonprofit
organizations and Cultural Coalitions in the professional development categories listed below.
A maximum of $750 per opportunity may be requested. An organization or Coalition may
submit and receive up to two grants per during the pilot year in this category. Organizations
are eligible to submit up to two requests per application cycle, however in general
organizations may not receive more than a total of $750 from this category per cycle.
ional Development projects may include:
• Travel, lodging and registration fees for relevant conferences.