Office for Disability Services
Fidel Center Room, 154
Student is responsible for:
• Find the Exam/Test Request Form at ODS Fidel Center 154 or website https://nmt.edu/disabilityservices.php
• Completing the student section of the form.
• Working with the instructor to set up a test date and time.
- A specific time must be written down so that ODS can schedule the student in.
- The exam must be scheduled early enough so the student can have full time to complete the exam
before 5 p.m. Therefore, if the exam is 60 minutes long, and the student has double time, then the
exam must start before 3 p.m.
• Taking the exam at the scheduled time.
- After 15 minutes of schedule start time, if student has not arrived, exam will be returned to instructor.
- If student is running a few minutes late, the student must call the office at 835-6209.
• If exam must be rescheduled, the student is responsible for confirming new exam date/time with instructor
before calling the office to reschedule.
• Leaving all non-exam materials outside the exam room (eg: books, cell phones, backpacks).
• Complying with the University’s honor code.
The instructor is responsible for:
• Working with the student to schedule a date and time.
• Entering the exam time limit: how many minutes are you giving all the students to complete the exam?
ODS office will calculate out any extended time–as described in the Accommodations Form.
• Entering other exam parameters (test aides or other special instructions).
• Completing the instructor section of the Exam/Test Request Form. You may ask the student to complete all but
the signature of this section. (For your convenience the exam/test request form is on our website on top).
• Getting exam materials to the ODS at least one day before the scheduled exam date. Exams may be:
- E-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand-delivered to ODS–please do not send exam with student
• Listing any special examination aids students may use (calculators, books, notes, etc).
Office of Counseling & Disability Services is responsible for:
• Providing exam accommodations (ODS will calculate any extended time).
• Administering the exam on the scheduled date and time.
• Proctoring/monitoring students.
• Returning completed exams to instructor within two business days of completion–unless instructor
requests that the exam be picked-up.
• Shredding exams not taken by the student two weeks after the test date.