Office Of internatiOnal PrOgrams
Financial Statement for Degree-Seeking International Students
(F-1 and J-1 Visa Holders)
All degree-seeking students, who need a Form I-20 (for F-1) or DS-2019 (for J-1), must provide financial documentation to prove that
they have sufficient funding to cover their expenses for the first academic year. The amount of funding (in U.S. dollars) must include
tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, medical insurance, and other expenses. For current tuition, fees, and estimat-
ed costs of living, please go to our web page:
Statement of Cost:
Students and their sponsors should expect a 5 to 10 percent increase in both tuition and cost of living for each year in
attendance. Degree-seeking international students must secure reliable and full funding for the duration of their studies.
Additional Financial Support for Accompanying Dependents:
Please add $6,000 for a spouse and $4,000 for each child to the minimum expenses per year. On a separate sheet of paper, list the
names of your dependent(s), with family name in capital letters, date of birth, country of birth, country of citizenship, country of
residency and relationship to the student.
Payment Schedule:
Full payment of tuition and fees is due in the beginning of each term. Be sure to know your government’s regulations regarding
foreign exchange and transfer of funds to the United States. Make arrangements before leaving your country to ensure complete
funding for the beginning of each term and at regular intervals throughout the year. Detailed information about payments may be
found on our home page.
As an international student applicant, you can have more than one financial sponsor. You can be your own sponsor as well. However,
your sponsor cannot be someone who is holding an F-1 or J-1 non-immigrant student status in the United States. Each of your spon-
sors must complete and sign the Affidavit of Support. If you will be your own sponsor, you must complete the Affidavit of Support
Affidavit of Support:
On the reverse side of this statement is the Affidavit of Support. If you have more than one sponsor, please make a copy for each
one of them. The Affidavit of Support must be accompanied by original bank letter(s) or account statement(s) issued by your bank
or your sponsor(s)’ bank, showing that sufficient funds are available to support your study and living expenses for at least the first
academic year. Keep copies of all financial documentation for your visa application.
Student Certification:
I have read the above information regarding the funding of my study at Roosevelt University. I understand that I must secure funding
for all expenses while attending the University.
Student’s Name:
Student’s Signature: Date:
click to sign
click to edit
Affidavit of Support for Degree-Seeking International Students
(F-1 and J-1 Visa Holders)
To Be Completed and Signed by the Sponsor:
I certify that I am willing and able to sponsor (student’s name)
I understand that Roosevelt University estimates a student’s expenses for one academic year based upon current tuition and fees,
room and board in University housing and estimated personal expenses. Travel is not included in the estimates. Expenses are
expected to increase 5 to 10 percent for each year of study.
I understand that the period of study may extend over several years. I hereby promise to provide said student with the minimum
amount required for the entire duration of study at Roosevelt University. I understand this document is legally binding, requiring
me to provide the promised funding.
I am willing to deposit a bond, if necessary, to guarantee that this student will not become a public burden during his/her stay in
the United States. Proof of financial resources in the form of a letter from my financial institution, showing at least the minimum
amount required for one year of full-time study, is attached to this Affidavit of Support.
Name of Sponsor:
Relationship to Student:
Signature of Sponsor: Amount of Funding:
Address of Sponsor:
Sponsor’s Email: Sponsor’s Telephone:
Sponsor’s Immigration Status, if living in the United States:
/ 1-877-APPLY RU
click to sign
click to edit